Driver threatens elderly motorist after causing multiple wrecks
Getting into a car accident unexpectedly can be jarring enough, but how about if the other driver abruptly pulls a knife on you?
A Northwest Florida man is in trouble with the law and faces a slew of charges, including leaving the scene of a hit-and-run, after causing two car accidents in Pensacola and threatening a 74-year-old man with a knife in the process. Alcohol is believed to have been a contributing factor in the incidents, which caused one person to suffer minor injuries, as well as approximately $12,000 in damage to multiple vehicles.
According to the police report, the 48-year-old driver was traveling west in an eastbound lane shortly before midnight when he swerved out of the lane and hit the driver of a 2010 Chevrolet with his 2004 Pontiac. The driver in the Chevrolet received minor injuries.
The driver of the Pontiac continued driving and hit a second vehicle, a 2006 Toyota. After the second collision, the 48-year-old driver’s vehicle was not drivable. According to the Northwest Florida Daily News, the man then got out of his Pontiac and pulled a knife on the elderly man driving the Toyota. However, the 74-year-old man was apparently not injured in the crash or harmed with the knife.
While he did not receive any injuries, the man who caused the accidents has been charged with leaving the scene of a hit and run, failure to maintain a single lane, aggravated assault and driving while under the influence. It’s lucky no one was more seriously injured in the accidents.
Source: Northwest Florida Daily News, “Man hits two vehicles, threatens 74-year-old crash victim with knife,” Angel McCurdy, April 27, 2012
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?