Florida accident kills bicyclist
A fatal hit and run accident at the intersection of Bird Road and Granada Boulevard in Coral Gables on March 26 caused the death of a bicyclist. Authorities have reported that they believe that the vehicle involved in the accident, a Nissan Altima, has been located.
It was reported that on the evening of the accident, a police officer had been traveling east on Bird Road. He discovered the victim lying in the street with no sign of the vehicle that had hit him. The damaged bicycle was located by another officer four blocks away after being dispatched to the scene. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Traffic was stopped in the intersection of University Drive and Granada Boulevard in addition to the westbound lanes of Bird Road for officials to investigate and clear the scene.
After a search warrant was issued, the vehicle was discovered parked behind a residence with a child’s small pool covering the damaged portion of the car. The damages were consistent with the type of accident that occurred on Bird Road, said reports, and authorities believed the pool had been placed on the car to hide the noticeable damages, including a shattered windshield. Police also suspected that the car was behind the home to keep it concealed from view of neighbors and passers-by. It was not determined if the occupants of the home were directly involved in the accident, the police said. The occupants of people who lived at the residence had not yet been located for questioning.
The family of the victim of a fatal car accident generally faces a range of emotional and financial losses. A lawyer experienced in wrongful death claims might be able to determine if the family could seek financial recovery for the damages incurred.
Source: NBC South Florida, “Car involved in fatal hit and run Coral Gables located: police,” March 27, 2015
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?