Man charged with wrongful death of passenger in accident
When people drive while impaired, they are putting others’ lives at risk. If they make a costly mistake, they need to be held accountable for their actions. That’s exactly the outcome of a deadly crash that happened last year.
A 58-year-old man from Pensacola is being charged for the wrongful death of a 54-year-old man who was killed in a 2010 car accident. Police say he was driving under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash. The other man was riding as his passenger.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, the crash occurred north of Grand Bahama Drive on Blue Angel Parkway late in the evening on Sept. 26, 2010.
According to the Pensacola News Journal, the allegedly intoxicated motorist was driving a Saturn north in the southbound lane, and collided head-on with Land Rover. That vehicle was being driven by a woman from Hoover, Alabama, according to the report.
A motorist driving a truck in front of the Land Rover was able to avoid the Saturn, but the driver of the Land Rover did not have time to do the same, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. The passenger riding in the Saturn was killed.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the driver of the Saturn had a blood-alcohol content of .293 at the time of the collision. He is being charged with DUI and DUI manslaughter, and was being held under a $200,000 bond in the Escambia County Jail after being charged.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Pensacola man charged in fatal wreck,” Thyrie Bland, Oct. 26, 2011
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver