North Florida crash claims life of motorcyclist
When drivers get into accidents, it’s always best to call authorities and check to make sure if others involved are okay. Unfortunately, sometimes motorists attempt to flee the scene of an accident or even tamper with evidence at the accident scene. A crash on U.S. 129 South in Northern Florida on Saturday left a man dead, and now two have been arrested in relation to the motorcycle accident.
A 46-year-old man was reportedly driving a Dodge pickup truck on the highway near 110thStreet, in the opposite direction of the motorcyclist. The truck driver apparently attempted a left turn, without any indication, and crossed in front of the motorcyclist. The motorcycle then crashed into the right side of the front of the truck. As a result of the crash, the 23-year-old motorcyclist, who was from Branford, was killed.
According to the Lake City Journal, the driver of the truck and his 45-year-old passenger, neither of whom sustained injuries in the wreck, both fled the scene of the crash before authorities arrived. The driver was later located not far from the crash scene in a wooded area.
Both the pickup truck driver and his passenger were arrested. The passenger was charged with tampering with evidence, while the driver was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving with a suspended license. It’s possible more charges are pending, as some reports indicated alcohol may have been a factor in the crash as well.
The motorcyclist would have turned 24 over the weekend.
Source: Suwannee Democrat, “Update: Branford man killed in wreck, two arrested,” Jeffry Boatright,” Feb. 12, 2012
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?