One car accident kills driver
Driving on Florida roads at night can be dangerous, especially those highways that do not have a great deal of lighting. Coupled with bad weather and fatigue, and driving in the middle of the night can be a recipe for disaster.
It is these times when drivers must be vigilant about their surroundings and drive at speeds that are safe for the conditions. This is especially important in light of the single car crash that killed a man from Molino two weeks ago. According to a PNJ.com report, the man was driving along Malino Road when he lost control of his truck and hit a cable box. After which, the truck skidded further and crashed into a tree.
We find the story important because next week, drivers across Florida face considerable dangers during the Thanksgiving holiday. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Thanksgiving is one of the most dangerous times of the year to be on the road. The number of additional drivers on the road raises the possibility that distracted and drunk drivers will be on the road, and their mistakes behind the wheel could lead to tragic accidents.
Ultimately, drivers across the Florida panhandle have a legal duty to use reasonable care in operating their vehicles. This means that they have an obligation to other drivers to put their phones down while behind the wheel or to refrain from driving while drunk. If an offending driver does this, he or she could be held liable for the injuries suffered in an accident.
Source: PNJ.com, “Molino man dies in single car accident,” Kevin Robinson, November 4, 2013
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim