One dies, two remain in hospital after Florida wreck
At a busy intersection, it’s important to look both ways before crossing the street, whether in a vehicle or on foot. That may seem like “Driving 101,” but people are not always as careful as they should be.
A car accident in the Berrydale community in Santa Rosa County on Saturday claimed the life of one man and left two others in a hospital with serious injuries.
It happened when a driver who was headed east on State Road 4 at its intersection with State Road 87 apparently stopped at the intersection but did not see a Ford SUV traveling north. He collided with that vehicle, causing it to overturn several times.
The 40-year-old driver of the SUV was apparently not wearing a seatbelt. He was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Pensacola News Journal. There were several passengers, all of whom survived.
Three young passengers, ages 10, 14 and 16, were treated at Sacred Heart Hospital and released the same day. However, by Monday, two other passengers remained in the hospital. One was the driver’s 46-year-old wife, who was listed in fair condition at Sacred Heart, while a 10-year-old boy was listed in serious condition as of Monday.
The other driver was wearing a seatbelt and was apparently not injured in the crash. Police say he is facing charges for his role in the accident.
In addition to highlighting the importance of looking both ways before crossing an intersection, the tragic accident also shows how vital it is to always wear a seatbelt.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Two remain hospitalized after deadly crash,” Dec. 5, 2011
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?