Pedestrian struck by car while crossing road
Sometimes pedestrians cause car accidents, and they can be found liable for injuries and damages, too.
A 59-year-old pedestrian was injured in car accident recently. He was hit by a car at approximately 9:30 p.m. He had just exited a convenience store where he had bought some beer.
As he walked from the store across a nearby road, a GMC Yukon vehicle driven by a 52-year-old woman struck him. He had just turned around, apparently stepping into the path of the oncoming eastbound vehicle, according to NWF Daily News.
The pedestrian was struck by the front left side of the car, throwing him onto its hood before tossing him on the ground. Police stated that the pedestrian was not walking in a crosswalk at the time the accident occurred. Police also noted in a report on the accident that the area was dimly lit, and the pedestrian was wearing clothing characterized as dark.
Officers also believed that the pedestrian had been drinking.
Neither the driver nor her 19-year-old female passenger was injured in the collision. The pedestrian, however, suffered injuries which police characterized as non-life threatening. The injured man was immediately rushed by airlift rescue team members to a local hospital for observation sand treatment. The vehicle suffered damage from the crash estimated at approximately $2,500.
No criminal or traffic charges had been filed against anyone in connection with the accident. A police investigation into the causes of the incident concluded that the pedestrian was to blame for the accident. He and the vehicle’s occupants were lucky the injuries and damages were not worse.
Source: NWF Daily News, “Man struck by vehicle on Racetrack Road,” Aug. 24, 2011
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries