Pensacola man dies, 4 others hurt in Warrington car crash
Late last month, a Penscola man was killed and four other people were injured in a car accident in Warrington.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the fatal three-vehicle accident occurred around noon June 19 near the intersection of Live Oak and Barrancas avenues.
Authorities have not elaborated on how the car accident unfolded and have not commented on which party they think is responsible. However, they did say that charges are pending.
A 79-year-old man, his 71-year-old wife and their 29-year-old grandson, all of whom are from Pensacola, were in one vehicle. The 79-year-old man died at the scene. The wife and grandson were seriously injured and were taken to Baptist Hospital. Their current conditions are not known.
In other vehicle, two 29-year-old Pensacola residents, a man and a woman, were also injured. They were taken to Sacred Heart Hospital. Their present conditions are not known.
The 31-year-old Birmingham, Alabama, driver of the third vehicle involved in the pile-up was not injured.
As we said, once investigators learn more about this accident, we will probably come to understand it better. Even so, this story provides sad and dramatic proof that there are often very real and very traumatic consequences to car accidents. Sure, there are fender benders where there is no real damage done, but they by no means constitute the majority of car accidents.
If you are ever injured and believe someone else may be to blame, you ought to make sure you have a good understanding of what legal options, if any, you have.
Source: The Pensacola News Journal, “One dead, four injured in three-car crash in Pensacola,” June 20, 2013
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?