Pensacola teen in December 30 motorcycle accident has died
A 17-year-old Pensacola teenager who was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on December 30 has died from his injuries. He died Monday at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola, where he had been taken for treatment after the wreck.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the motorcycle accident occurred at about 10:15 p.m. on Thursday, December 30 on the northbound stretch of Pine Forest Road. The 17-year-old from Pensacola and a 19-year-old passenger, also from Pensacola, were riding a Honda Shadow motorcycle. The pair was heading north on Pine Forest Road when they suddenly collided head-on with a Ford Taurus.
The younger motorcyclist was thrown from the bike and pinned under the car.
Before the motorcycle-car accident, the FHP reports, the driver of the Taurus, a 22-year-old also from Pensacola, had been headed southbound on Pine Forest Road, but he attempted to make a U-Turn into the northbound lane. He was able to get his car into the northbound lane, but he found he couldn’t successfully complete the U-turn and ran his car into the outer curb of the highway. As he started to back up from the curb, he struck the motorcycle.
In its story about the young motorcyclist’s death, the Pensacola News Journal did not include information about any injuries the motorcycle passenger or the driver of the Taurus may have sustained in the crash.
The FHP says that its investigation into the cause of the motorcycle accident and the teen’s wrongful death is ongoing. A fatal motor vehicle accident involving three young people is an incomprehensible tragedy, and we send our deepest sympathies to all of those affected.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Teen dies from car, motorcycle accident injuries,” January 19, 2011
- Main Causes of a Pedestrian Accident
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?