Three-Vehicle Car Accident on I-10 Shuts Down Freeway, Injures 3
Just before rush hour on Monday morning, three vehicles were involved in a wreck that shut down I-10 in both directions near Milton. The car accident, which was apparently caused by careless driving, resulted in injuries to three people, including the careless driver.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a 37-year-old man from Navarre was traveling westbound on I-10 at about 6:10 a.m. on January 10. He attempted to change lanes in order to avoid a slow-moving vehicle, but lost control of his car.
His car slid across the roadway, struck the median and rolled over, then continued into the eastbound lanes of the highway and into oncoming traffic. A Nissan Altima, driven by a 34-year-old man from Cantonment, then struck the overturned vehicle. Next, a third car collided with the two cars that had crashed. The third car was a 2001 Saturn driven by a 40-year-old Pensacola man.
The driver of the first vehicle has been charged with careless driving by the Florida Highway Patrol. He and his passenger, a 38-year-old woman from Ft. Walton Beach, were injured, although it is not believed their injuries were serious. They were taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for treatment.
The Cantonment man was also injured in the multi-vehicle accident and was taken to Sacred Heart, as well. His injuries are also considered to be relatively minor.
I-10 was closed in both directions for much of the morning. One eastbound lane was opened later in the day.
Please keep in mind that a moment’s inattention can lead to a car accident — often a much more serious one than this one appears to have been, despite the fact that a car flipped over and closed the freeway in both directions. Drive carefully!
Source: NorthEscambia.com, “Cantonment Man Among 3 Injured In Crash That Shut Down I-10,” January 10, 2011
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?