Two die in three-vehicle crash on Interstate 10
When a crash occurs on the road in front of you, it’s important to know how to react. It varies by situation, but some drivers brake, while others swerve. Sometimes there’s so little time to react that serious injuries can occur.
An accident involving three vehicles on Interstate 10 has left two people dead. The deadlycar accident occurred late last week west of U.S. 29.
Two passengers in a GMC sport utility vehicle were killed in the crash. One was an 11-year-old boy from Riviera Beach, and the other was a 71-year-old man from West Palm Beach. Here’s what happened.
A Toyota pickup truck driven by a 43-year-old Pensacola woman reportedly collided with a Chevrolet cargo van in front of her. Her truck apparently spun counterclockwise and came to rest in the road. The van, meanwhile, left the road and came to a stop in nearby woods.
The 33-year-old driver of the GMC reportedly swerved to avoid the crash in front of him, causing the vehicle to leave the roadway. The 11-year-old boy was riding in the center row of seats and was not wearing a seatbelt. He was ejected from the vehicle.
The other victim was riding as a front seat passenger and was wearing a seatbelt. A 66-year-old passenger was also seriously injured, while the driver and a 4-year-old passenger sustained minor injuries in the crash.
According to the Pensacola News Journal, charges were pending, but it was not reported against whom. However, the driver of the pickup was apparently tested for alcohol.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Adult, child killed in crash on I-10,” Richard McVay, Oct. 21, 2011
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?