Two fatal rollover accidents claim 2 lives, critically injure 1
Two single-vehicle car accidents, both rollovers, claimed the lives of two people over the weekend and left one with critical injuries. The fatal accidents were not related.
The first wreck occurred in Escambia County, Alabama. A 28-year-old Pensacola man appears to have lost control of his car at around 3:10 a.m. Saturday morning. According to the Alabama State Patrol, the man was driving a 1998 Hyundai on Appleton Road about seven miles north of the town of Brewton. For reasons yet unknown, his car left the road at a high speed and struck a fence and a tree before flipping over. The man was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, and Alabama state troopers are still investigating its cause.
The second car wreck happened at about 9:45 a.m. Saturday morning on I-10 in Santa Rosa County. A 65-year-old woman from Baker was driving with a 21-year-old relative, headed westbound on I-10. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, it appears that she lost control of her 2002 Chevy Blazer, which flipped twice before coming to a stop resting on its roof.
The woman was critically injured in the wreck, and was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola. Her young passenger was killed.
The FHP is still investigating the cause of the fatal accident, but charges are pending as a result of the young man’s wrongful death.
While no one yet knows what caused these tragic accidents, we should all remember that not all car accidents involve multiple vehicles. Many of us imagine that our greatest danger on the road is the negligence of other drivers, but a moment of inattention, distracted driving, vehicle defects, dangerous roadways, and other factors often cause deadly single-vehicle accidents, as well.
As always, please drive safely.
Source: NorthEscambia.com, “Pensacola Man Dies In Escambia, Ala. Wreck; Santa Rosa Crash Claims One,” March 13, 2011
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know