Two Injured in Separate Escambia Cty Car and Motorcycle Accidents
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, two people were hospitalized Wednesday morning after separate incidents: a car-bicycle crash and a motorcycle accident. The motorcyclist was seriously injured, but both of the victims are expected to survive.
The motorcycle accident occurred around 9:15 at the 5000 block of North Palafox Street at Carolyn Way.
According to the FHP, Shannon Johnson of Pensacola was driving her four-door Ford sedan along Carolyn Way. She turned right onto U.S. 29 just as motorcyclist Thomas Grimm of Pensacola changed from the middle lane of U.S. 29 to the outside lane. The front of Johnson’s Ford struck the rear of the motorcycle.
Grimm, age 70, was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in serious condition. He remains in the hospital today in fair condition. After the motorcycle accident, Johnson was ticketed for violating the right of way in a situation with a stop sign. Neither Johnson nor her passenger was injured.
Around 9:30, a second accident with injuries occurred in the area, about a quarter of a mile away from the first wreck.
In the second crash, the FHP reports, bicyclist Margarito Chavez was traveling south on Hansen Boulevard approaching Jacquelyn Way. He did not stop at the intersection’s stop sign, and his bike collided with a four-door Toyota driven by Ronald Burch of Pensacola.
Chavez, 42, was taken to Sacred Heart after the car-bicycle accident. He was treated and released that day. He was ticketed by the FHP for failure to stop at the stop sign. Burch was not injured or ticketed in the bicycle-car accident.
“2 people hospitalized after crashes in Escambia” (Pensacola News Journal, July 12, 2010)
“Pensacola man in fair condition after Tuesday motorcycle wreck” (Pensacola News Journal, July 14, 2010)
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?