Weekend Car Accident Sends Two Pensacola Motorists to Hospital
Memorial Day weekend tends to be one of Florida’s busiest times on its roadways. As thousands of motorists hit the road to celebrate the three-day weekend, the risk for getting into a car accident or getting picked up for DUI are much higher due to the increased volume of cars on Florida roads.
On Saturday, a potentially fatal car accident left two Pensacola motorists in serious condition and three others with minor injuries. William Hual III, 28, and Rebekah Fredrick, 41, both of Pensacola were airlifted to Sacred Heart Hospital after a mid-afternoon crash near Sorento Road.
According to the Pensacola News Journal, the crash occurred slightly after 12:00 p.m. when Hual’s 1997 Ford sedan drifted into the eastbound lane of traffic and collided with Fredrick’s 2007 Chevrolet SUV. Hual’s vehicle struck Fredrick’s SUV causing it to spin, overturn and land in a ditch. Hual’s vehicle also suffered severe damage, landing in a ditch on the south shoulder of the road.
Both were admitted into the intensive care unit Saturday night. A passenger in Fredrick’s vehicle, 12-year-old Alexander Fredrick was ejected from the rear window of the SUV during the crash and suffered minor injuries. According to the article, the child was not wearing a seat belt.
Florida Highway Patrol expressed that Hual is being charged with failure to drive within a single lane. Alcohol was reported not to be a factor in this crash.
In related news, Florida Highway Patrol is currently patrolling and enforcing the Department of Transportation’s annual “Click It or Ticket” campaign which allows authorities to pull over motorists for seat belt infractions without having committed any other offense. This is a national campaign that runs through June 6.
- Accident sends two to hospital (Pensacola News Journal, May 30, 2010)
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim