Woman dies in three-vehicle accident in Escambia County
A tragic accident in Escambia County this morning illustrates the dangers of passing in no passing zones. In particular, it shows how dangerous it can be to attempt to pass other vehicles from turn lanes.
A 26-year-old driver was killed in the car accident, which occurred this morning just before 6 a.m. The woman was reportedly driving her Honda Accord east on Copter Road when she attempted to pass a GMC Yukon truck. She used the right turn lane, hit a curb and lost control of her vehicle. This apparently happened on the corner of Copter Road and Ely Road.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the woman’s vehicle spun and collided with a truck traveling west on Copter Road. That truck then spun into the eastbound lane of Copter Road. The Accord, meanwhile, spun back and into the Yukon’s path, colliding with it.
An article in the Pensacola News Journal does not mention whether the driver of the Accord died at the scene or was first transported to a hospital. The driver of the westbound truck did sustain minor injuries but did not go to the hospital. The two occupants of the Yukon did not sustain injuries.
There’s no way to really know, but the young driver of the Accord might still be alive if she had waited to pass the Yukon until it was completely safe to do so. It’s never worth trying to get around a vehicle if the action puts your life at risk.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Woman, 26, killed in Escambia County wreck,” Thyrie Bland, Sept. 23, 2011
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver