Car accident victim finds love during recovery
A Pensacola woman bounced back after suffering serious injuries as a result of a hit-and-runcar accident last year. The woman’s car spun around on an interstate highway, resulting in injuries which impaired her ability to walk.
She was told that if she had not been wearing her seatbelt at the time, she may have ended up dead. Her injuries required hospitalization and a long period of physical therapy. The one bright side to this was that she met a man in physical therapy who was recovering from surgery, and six months later, they were married. The woman was able to walk down the aisle without help from a cane.
The two met at the Pensacola Health Center where she was undergoing physical therapy needed to restore her to full functioning after suffering two broken kneecaps, a broken left arm and a collapsed lung during the car accident. Her sternum also suffered a hairline fracture. According to Fox TV 10, she was determined to recover sufficiently to walk without the assistance of a walker or cane, and managed to do so by the time her physical therapy ended.
In addition to her marriage plans, she is planning to return to work at the medical center where she was previously employed, hopefully later this year.
The 33-year-old motorist accused of hitting her car and fleeing the scene was later apprehended and arrested. Charges filed against him include driving with a suspended driver’s license, resisting a police officer, displaying an improper tag on his vehicle, and fleeing the scene of an accident in which there was a serious injury.
In spite of that driver’s actions, the woman has managed to forge a new start.
Source: Fox 10 TV, “Hit and run victim recovers, marries,” Cory Pippin, Jan. 29, 2012
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually