Florida accident claims the life of a driver
An auto accident between a 2014 Ford Fusion and a 1991 Ford Mustang occurred in St. Augustine on the evening of Feb. 13. Both vehicles were traveling on Florida 16 when the driver of the Fusion attempted a U-turn at the intersection of St. Francis Road and Florida 16. The Mustang was behind the Fusion when the Fusion veered right into the entrance of St. Francis Road for the attempted U-turn. As the Fusion began to turn within the intersection, the Mustang struck the Fusion’s left side. Reports suggested that the driver of the Fusion may have been unaware of the Mustang.
The driver of the Mustang sustained serious injuries, according to reports. He was transported to UF Health Jacksonville Hospital for medical care. The driver of the Fusion was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. The female passenger of the Fusion sustained minor injuries and was also taken to a hospital for medical attention.
When an serious car accident occurs, an investigation may determine that negligence was involved. All motorists have the legal obligation to drive with reasonable care. A breach of this duty, such making an unsafe maneuver or following a vehicle too closely, could result in the type of accidents that injure other people on or near the roadway.
Victims with serious injuries may feel it necessary to take legal action to hold the negligent party liable for the damages caused during the accident. A personal injury lawyer experienced in handling negligence claims could play a role in determining whether negligence may have been involved. If an accident results in serious injuries, victim could be entitled to compensation that might cover the cost of treatment and other damages.
Source: First Coast News, ‘1 killed in collision on northbound 57 Freeway in Diamond Bar,” News Staff, Feb. 14, 2015
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually