Florida man dies after car collides with motorcycle
Motorcycle accidents happen all over Florida, including in Pensacola. Oftentimes they are not the fault of the motorcyclist, but of other drivers who fail to see them.
An elderly woman’s left turn into oncoming traffic reportedly caused a serious accident that led to a motorcyclist’s death in another part of the state on Monday. The motorcycle accidenthappened on Baseline Road near the entrance to the Disabled American Veterans chapter, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The crash happened when an 85-year-old woman driving a 2002 Buick Regal was headed north and attempted to turn left into the DAV. At the same time, two motorcyclists were southbound on the road. The Buick apparently turned into their path, colliding with one of them.
That motorcyclist, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown into the northbound lane, where he was struck by a Chrysler Town and Country. According to Ocala.com, that driver had no time to react and was unable to avoid striking the motorcyclist.
The other motorcyclist, who was not wearing a helmet, struck debris from the collision, laid down his motorcycle and skidded about 550 feet. He suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital, as was the driver of the Buick.
Another vehicle, a Cadillac DeVille, was also involved in the accident. The car was apparently struck by debris from the first crash.
The accident serves as a reminder of how important it is to pay attention to the road and to watch out for motorcyclists.
Source: Ocala.com, “Ocala motorcyclist, 21, killed in crash on Baseline Road,” Carlos E. Medina, April 9, 2012
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?