In bizarre motorcycle wreck, one brother dies, one injured
A tragic accident has left a family with the loss of a loved one. Two Florida brothers were riding their motorcycles together recently, and a crash has left one of them dead and the other severely injured.
The tragic motorcycle accident happened recently when one of the brothers attempted to pass the other on a road. He apparently sped up to pass and collided with the other motorcycle. Police believe one of them overturned on the shoulder, while one remained on the road. They were both ejected from their motorcycles and were not wearing helmets.
The 31-year-old brother later died at a local hospital. His 33-year-old sibling was airlifted to a different hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
The Florida Highway Patrol indicates that both brothers were speeding. Not wearing helmets proved to be a deadly combination. One witness couldn’t believe how fast they were going and thinks they must have been traveling near 100 mph.
There was apparently a third motorcyclist involved at the scene, but police did not release more details. It appears, however, that person left the scene of the accident. One witness says the biker told him that he was leaving the scene since he was not hurt.
According to WINK News, charges were pending. Police were apparently awaiting the results of alcohol tests.
The brothers were apparently well-known in the neighborhood. One friend who lives in the neighborhood nearby says that the tragedy has been hard for all who knew the brothers.
Source: WINK News, Motorcycle crash kills 1 brother, injures another Sept. 21, 2011
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver