Man mauled by pit bulls at home known for dog attacks
A Putnam County home is becoming known for its dog attacks. Earlier this month, two pit bulls brutally mauled the 74-year-old man who lives next door. It turns out it was the third such instance at the home in recent years. Yet, no charges have been filed.
The dog attack on the man sounds horrific. The man was apparently working in his yard when the attack occurred. The pit bulls reportedly tore off one of the man’s arms, and nearly did the same to the other. He also had some facial injuries.
One of the occupants of the home says he heard moaning from the neighbor’s yard, where he found him lying on the ground. He reportedly called 911. One of the dogs was apparently near the back door, while the other was in a kennel with the door open.
According to the St. Augustine Record, the first known attack occurred in 2010, when a caretaker at the neighbor’s home was apparently attacked by two pit bulls that came through the fence. They apparently went away when they were called, but not before the man suffered injuries to his face, stomach and leg.
And in an attack last month, a 23-year-old man was visiting the dog owners’ home and apparently suffered injuries to his arm when two pit bulls attacked him when he tried to enter the residence. It was unclear if the pit bulls in these incidents were the same dogs. After the earlier incidents, the dogs were apparently quarantined and released back to the owners.
Source: St. Augustine Record, “Prior dog bites and dog fight at home where Hawthorne man mauled by pit bulls,” 14 June 2011
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim