Man survives unusual motorcycle crash that ended in flames
On Tuesday, a Hollywood man had frightening experience on Interstate 95 that isn’t typically of motorcycle accidents. Brett Krupnick was reportedly struck by a flaming motorcycle that fell from the sky and landed on his car as he drove in Interstate 95.
The unusual collision cause Krupnick’s car to immediately burst into flames only second after he walked away with only minor burns. Following the motorcycle accident, he spent only a few hours at a hospital. The rider of the 2004 Suzuki was reportedly in fair condition at Broward Health Medical Center late Tuesday, according to reports.
The incident occurred just be 7 p.m. Monday night as Krupnick was headed northbound in Interstate 95 north of the I-595 interchange to have the oil change in his car in North Lauderdale. At the time, his teenage daughter was in a different car traveling behind him.
According to Florida Highway Patrol, the motorcyclist was driving his motorcycle up the State Road 84 exit ramp and lost control as he tried to make a left turn. He managed to jump off the bike before it went over the guardrail and dropped to the highway below.
Immediately after the impact, Krupnick pulled over to the side of the road and exited the vehicle with the help of other motorists. Interestingly, the incident occurred in the same area of other major wrecks-many fatal-in recent years.
One factor, it has been suggested, is that the State Road 84 interchange on I-95 includes long, straight off-ramps that entice motorists to drive too fast.
Source: Sun Sentinel, “I-95 driver says it seemed like ‘slow motion’ when motorcycle fell onto his car from above,” Ihosvani Rodriguez, April 2, 2013
- Main Causes of a Pedestrian Accident
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?