Navarre Car Accident Lawyer: Your Trusted Legal Advocate
Motor vehicle accidents happen for a variety of reasons. Distracted drivers, inexperienced operators, faulty vehicles, and those who are under the influence contribute to thousands of car crashes every day. There is no way to plan for the injuries incurred due to a car accident, but you don’t have to accept the consequences of someone else’s actions.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, your life may be on hold while you recover. Hospital bills, lost wages, and the replacement and repair of property may cause significant financial hardship. A Navarre car accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. The attorneys at Gross & Schuster, P.A. will work hard for you.
What to Expect from Your Navarre Car Accident Insurance
When you’re hurt in a Navarre car accident, your first thought may be about your insurance coverage. Florida is a no-fault state, meaning your insurance should cover the costs of your accident regardless of fault. This insurance policy only covers a certain amount, leaving more expensive accidents to be settled in other ways.
You may also struggle with the fact that the insurance company isn’t on your side. It’s a for-profit business, and paying for a costly car accident may cut into its profits. Because of this, many Navarre car accident victims find themselves dealing with lowball settlement offers, unfair denials, or other bad-faith tactics.
These tactics are meant to push you into accepting a low settlement, but your car accident attorney in Navarre can help you avoid that. Your lawyer will represent you in court while you focus on your recovery. That gives you experience and knowledge on your side against the insurers that may try to take advantage of you.
Common Causes of Navarre Car Accidents
Many individuals have been driving since they were teenagers. We become so comfortable behind the wheel, that some become careless. With the advancements in technology, the number of distractions on the road has increased tremendously.
The benefit of having a legal team with vast knowledge and experience in car accident law is that we have seen many types of accidents, including ones like yours. Below is just a sample of common car accident causes we can help you with:
- Texting or otherwise distracted driving: Instances where drivers divert their attention from the road due to texting, phone calls, or other distractions.
- Drunk driving: Cases involving individuals operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or substances impairing their judgment.
- Speeding: Incidents resulting from exceeding speed limits, often lead to reduced reaction time and increased collision severity.
- Running Red Lights and Stop Signs: Situations where drivers disregard traffic signals and signs, jeopardizing intersection safety.
- Reckless Driving: Instances of aggressive and careless behavior behind the wheel, including dangerous maneuvers and excessive speed.
- Aggressive Driving: Encounters involving hostile and confrontational driving behavior, such as tailgating and road rage.
- Fatigue: Accidents caused by drowsy or exhausted drivers who struggle to stay alert on the road.
- Weather Conditions: Collisions are influenced by adverse weather elements like rain, snow, fog, or ice, impacting visibility and traction.
- Tailgating: Scenarios where drivers follow vehicles closely, reducing reaction time and increasing the risk of rear-end collisions.
- Improper Lane Changes: Accidents stemming from abrupt or improper lane changes without adequate signaling or checking blind spots.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Situations where novice drivers lack the skills and knowledge to handle complex traffic scenarios.
- Mechanical Failures: Incidents attributed to vehicle malfunctions, including brake failures, tire blowouts, or engine issues.
- Poor Road Conditions: Accidents occur due to hazardous road conditions like potholes, debris, or inadequate signage.
Who’s Liable for My Navarre Car Accident?
When you’re hurt in a serious car accident, you need compensation that covers the costs of your recovery. But who pays for those costs?
Liability can be tricky, especially if multiple cars were involved in your accident. Likewise, you may have been the only driver involved in your accident, but you may still not be at fault for your injuries.
If you’re unsure who’s liable for your injuries, reach out to an attorney for guidance. They can look at the evidence for your case and determine who caused your accident, as well as who’s financially responsible for your recovery.
Damages Eligible for Compensation
If you are in a motor vehicle crash, your life can change in an instant. Proving fault for your accident is not always straightforward, but it’s necessary for getting compensated for damages incurred.
When you take your claim to court, you may need to seek out both economic and non-economic damages. That’s tough to do if you’re not familiar with those terms and the tools you’ll need to calculate them.
For example, economic damages cover any type of financial loss you’ve suffered because of your accident. Both current and future losses apply. For example, if you need surgery and can’t work a year from now because of injuries sustained in the accident, you should receive compensation for those hospital bills and lost wages.
Your non-economic damages can be even more complex. These damages cover the intangible suffering you experienced because of your injuries. This may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, and more. Because these damages are intangible, you may need the tools a Navarre car crash lawyer can provide.
Navarre Car Accident Lawyers with a Personal Touch
If you’re one of the unfortunate victims of another person’s careless driving, you may need to secure legal representation to recover from this scary experience.
If you’ve been in a car crash, prioritize your well-being, stay calm, stay at the scene if able call law enforcement, and contact the professionals at Gross & Schuster, P.A. Your Navarre car accident lawyer is ready to listen and represent you in the courtroom. Call us today for your free consultation at 850-434-3333 or complete the online form below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does an attorney charge for a car accident in Florida?
Attorneys typically charge 25% to 40% of the final settlement amount, working on a contingency fee basis.
2. How much can someone sue for a car accident in Florida?
There’s no set limit; the amount depends on factors like injuries, property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
3. Should I hire an attorney after a car accident in Florida?
Yes, especially for significant injuries or damages. An attorney can help with the legal process, negotiate, and ensure fair compensation.