Pensacola teen dies from fatal wounds sustained in motorcycle accident
Last Friday, a teenage motorcyclist from Pensacola died after being struck by a car on Pensacola Boulevard. The 19-year-old was reportedly taken to Sacred Heart Hospital following the motorcycle accident, where he died of fatal injuries.
According to troopers, the young man had been heading south on Pensacola Boulevard and went left onto Van Pelt Lane when a driver struck his motorcycle in the northbound lane, causing him to hit a utility pole. The 31-year-old Pensacola driver that struck the teen was reportedly not injured in the accident.
Sources said that no charges have been filed yet, and that an investigation is ongoing. The investigation will presumably make clear who was at fault in the case, and the appropriate charges will be filed. Perhaps even civil charges will follow.
Wrongful death litigation is a way for families suffering loss to receive compensation from those responsible for the death. Liability in these cases can arise for both negligent and intentional acts.
Damages in such cases are an important consideration for those pursuing the claim. Damages permitted in these cases typically include medical, hospital, funeral and burial expenses; compensation for the deceased person’s pain and suffering during any period of consciousness between the time of injury and death; losses suffered by the deceased person’s spouse, children or next of kin. The latter category includes loss of financial support, service, gifts or other valuable gratitude, parental training and guidance and society and companionship. The type ofo damages available will obviously depend on the details of each case.
Wrongful death litigation cannot bring a loved one back, but it can help suffering families through a difficult time by providing them financial support and closure.
Source: pnj.com, “Pensacola teen dies in motorcycle crash,” January 25, 2013
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know