Pensacola woman dies in early-morning intersection accident
Earlier this week, a Pensacola woman died in a two-vehicle crash in West Pensacola. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the 60-year-old Darlene McNew Renne reportedly passed away after a collision with a pickup truck driven by a Pensacola man. The crash occurred in the early morning hours at Blue Angel Parkway and Saufley Field Road.
The Florida Highway Patrol said, after investigating the accident scene, that one of the vehicles failed stop at the intersection’s traffic light, but it is unclear who was responsible. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene, while the male driver was taken to a local hospital with only minor injuries.
Intersection accidents are among the most dangerous types of auto accident, as they often occur at high speeds and involve vehicle coming in opposite directions, making the force of impact great. Such accidents can be caused not only by negligent driving, but also because of insufficient traffic signs at an intersection.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, car accidents involving signal violations are the most likely type of auto accidents to cause personal injury. These accidents can result in an array of injuries and costs associated with vehicle repair and/or replacement. Needless to say, costs can quickly become unmanageable for victims.
Those who’ve been through a serious car accident and face burdensome medical and other costs should consult an attorney to have their case evaluated and determine the best course of action. The goal in such cases is to ensure the victims are adequately compensated for their sufferings by those responsible for the accident.
Source: pnj.com, “Pensacola woman dies in car crash,” February 26, 2013
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?