Students injured in bus accident involving Pensacola man
Earlier this, four students received minor injuries in a crash involving a school bus that had been transporting students to Tate High School. The bus, driven by a 50-year-old bus operator, had reportedly stopped to pick up students when a 32-year-old Pensacola man failed to stop and struck the rear of the bus with the front of his Ford Expedition.
In total, there were 33 passengers on the school bus. The four students with minor injuries to transported to local hospitals for treatment. The man responsible for the bus accidentreceived minor injuries, and is now being charged with failure to use due care and failure to display a driver’s license. The crash, according to the Florida Highway Patrol, was not caused by alcohol.
In the United States, roughly 23 million children ride school buses daily, and while most of these children will not be injured, roughly 19 children die each year because of school bus-related accidents, whether because of a collision on the road or some other cause. The root causes of these accidents can be from driver neglect, equipment malfunction, and many other reasons.
When a child suffers serious injury or death as a result of a school bus accident, it may become necessary to seek legal help to achieve recovery. In looking at these cases, a personal injury attorney will consider whether the bus driver was negligent or driving erratically; whether the accident was caused by another driver colliding with the school bus; whether there was some kind of mechanical defect on the bus that the driver was responsible for; and various other considerations touching on liability.
Working with an experienced attorney on these cases is important if one hopes to achieve the best outcome possible.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Students receive minor injuries in school bus accident,” Kaycee Legarde, February 5, 2013
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries