Sunday Motorcycle Accident on Gulf Beach Highway Injures 2 Riders
Two motorcycle riders were seriously injured on Sunday afternoon in a single-motorcycle accident on Gulf Beach Highway in Escambia County. The passenger, a 55-year-old Pensacola woman, was still in the hospital today, according to a story in today’s Pensacola News Journal.
The wreck happened at around 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, October 10. According to Lieutenant Steve Preston, a spokesperson for the Florida Highway Patrol, the 61-year-old driver was speeding and lost control of the motorcycle when he was rounding a curve. He ran off Gulf Beach Highway near South Loop Road and both he and his passenger were thrown from the motorcycle.
Neither the driver nor the passenger was wearing a motorcycle helmet at the time of the crash.
Motorcyclists With No Helmets Fortunate to End Up Merely Hospitalized
The pair of riders was taken to Baptist Hospital in Pensacola at about 3:30 p.m. after the motorcycle accident. The driver was no longer in the hospital today, according to hospital staff interviewed by the Pensacola News Journal. The woman from Pensacola was listed in good condition but was still hospitalized.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the motorcycle’s driver was ticketed for a number of infractions related to the motorcycle accident. Those infractions included speeding, failure to wear a motorcycle helmet, failure to file a police report on the accident immediately, and failing to provide proof of insurance. No information was available about whether the injured motorcycle passenger will also be ticketed for not wearing a helmet.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Pensacola woman still hospitalized after Sunday motorcycle wreck,” Sean Dugas, October 12, 2010
- Main Causes of a Pedestrian Accident
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?