What Should I Do if I Get in a Car Accident?
A car accident can happen in the blink of an eye. What you do next will help strengthen your case for compensation for your damages in a car accident claim.
Car accidents can lead to significant damages: physical, financial, or emotional. Fortunately, filing a car accident claim against the person or entity responsible can help you to recover compensation. If you’ve wondered what to do after a Pensacola car accident, read on to find out.
What to Do After an Accident
When someone else causes your car accident, it can be a disorientating experience. The good news is that taking the proper steps after an accident can set you up to file a successful claim. If you’ve been injured, here’s what to do:
- Exchange Information – Swap insurance information, as well as other relevant details, such as name and address.
- Report Accident to Police – In Florida, you’re obligated to file a police report when damages or injuries have occurred. If an officer responds to the scene of the accident, this step may already be done.
- Gather Evidence – If possible, snap some pictures of the scene, and get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Seek Medical Treatment – Get treatment and document your injuries for later.
- Contact a Lawyer – If serious injuries are at play, consulting an experienced attorney is recommended to help you secure maximum compensation.
Contact a Trusted Lawyer
Injured in a car accident? A lawyer with Gross & Schuster, P.A. will tirelessly fight to win you a maximum settlement.
You can schedule your free, no-hassle case consultation today by calling 850-434-3333 or by filling out the form below.
Request a Consultation
Awards & Associations
Terence Gross a great lawyer who took the time time to explain and walk me through the legal process and he always kept me informed and reassured. I give him my highest recommendation.”- Michelle McCorvey
I am so thankful that Rhett was recommended to us – he is a thoughtful, intentional attorney who genuinely had our best interests at heart. He was not in a rush but took his time working with us ensuring we had the best outcome possible. Fantastic experience working with him and his team!- Angela Horne
Mr. Gross is a true savant when it comes to auto accident claims. Have never seen such a cohesive group of people work together in a timely manner to process all the information necessary to get us help. Second Nature defined. If you’re looking for an experienced lawyer, especially in this field, look nowhere else- mike sarra