Another Escambia County school bus accident; no students injured
A little more than a month after the January 6 bus accident on U.S. 98 that injured eight students, another Escambia County school bus was involved in a wreck on Tuesday afternoon. Luckily, none of the 30 or more elementary school students on the bus was injured in the car accident. The driver of the pickup truck that struck the school bus sustained what are thought to be minor injuries.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a bus from Beulah Elementary School was taking students home at about 3:00 p.m. on February 8 when the car accident occurred. The bus was traveling along Nine Mile Road near Rebel Road in Beulah when it stopped to let some children off.
As the school bus stopped, he driver of a Ford Silverado, which was traveling at a high rate of speed, slammed head-on into the back of the school bus.
Miraculously, the pickup truck driver was not seriously injured in the head-on collision. He was taken by Highway Patrol officers to obtain treatment for minor injuries. He has been charged with careless driving.
It is incredibly lucky that no one was seriously injured in the car wreck. Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous and deadly types of accidents, and any accident involving a school bus could result in injuries to children.
While the children, the bus driver and the driver of the pickup truck are all doing fine, it certainly serves as a reminder for all of us to take extra care whenever we are sharing the road with a school bus.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “No injuries reported in school bus accident in Beulah,” February 9, 2011
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim