Another Escambia County school bus accident; no students injured
A little more than a month after the January 6 bus accident on U.S. 98 that injured eight students, another Escambia County school bus was involved in a wreck on Tuesday afternoon. Luckily, none of the 30 or more elementary school students on the bus was injured in the car accident. The driver of the pickup truck that struck the school bus sustained what are thought to be minor injuries.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a bus from Beulah Elementary School was taking students home at about 3:00 p.m. on February 8 when the car accident occurred. The bus was traveling along Nine Mile Road near Rebel Road in Beulah when it stopped to let some children off.
As the school bus stopped, he driver of a Ford Silverado, which was traveling at a high rate of speed, slammed head-on into the back of the school bus.
Miraculously, the pickup truck driver was not seriously injured in the head-on collision. He was taken by Highway Patrol officers to obtain treatment for minor injuries. He has been charged with careless driving.
It is incredibly lucky that no one was seriously injured in the car wreck. Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous and deadly types of accidents, and any accident involving a school bus could result in injuries to children.
While the children, the bus driver and the driver of the pickup truck are all doing fine, it certainly serves as a reminder for all of us to take extra care whenever we are sharing the road with a school bus.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “No injuries reported in school bus accident in Beulah,” February 9, 2011
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?