Ax murderer who killed mom’s boyfriend gets life in prison
It’s the kind of case that sounds like a horror movie. Unfortunately, it’s real life. A man convicted of murdering his mother’s boyfriend in a wrongful death case was sentenced last week to life in a Florida state prison.
The victim was found dead May 19 inside a home on Hollowbrook Circle after allegedly being struck on the head with an ax, according to officers at the scene. The victim’s body was found sitting in a chair in the garage and there was a large laceration on the left side of his head, said a deputy in a report. The report also states deputies discovered an ax about 10 or 15 feet from the victim, according to NorthEscambia.com.
The 26-year-old man reportedly lived with his mother and the boyfriend, and deputies at the scene found the killer asleep. The defendant told police he had been out with a friend the previous night, returning home at about midnight. He also told them that his mother and the victim were arguing, and went to his room to sleep.
The man’s friend told police a slight different story. He said the two arrived at the defendant’s residence at about 2:30 a.m. According to the sheriff’s office report, at about 5 a.m. that morning, the defendant arrived at his house and said he had gotten into a physical argument with the victim. The friend then stated he received a phone call from the defendant’s hysterical mother who said her boyfriend was dead and had been hit with an ax.
According to NorthEscambia.com, the man at one point told authorities that he enjoyed “every friggin’ swing.” That likely did not illicit any sympathy when it came to his sentencing.
Source: NorthEscambia.com, “Ax murderer that loved ‘every single swing’ convicted, sentenced to life in prison,” 29 June 2011
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver