Steps to Take After a Car Accident
A car accident can happen in the blink of an eye. The stress of dealing with your injuries in addition to medical bills, lost wages, and emotional trauma can be overwhelming. What you do next will help you secure maximum compensation.
Fortunately, filing a car accident claim against the person or entity responsible can help you to recover compensation. If you’ve wondered what to do after a Pensacola car accident, read on to find out.
What Are the Steps to Take After an Accident?
When someone else causes your car accident, it can be a disorientating experience. The good news is that taking the proper steps after an accident can set you up to file a successful claim. If you’ve been injured, here’s what to do:
- Exchange Information – Swap insurance information, as well as other relevant details, such as name and address.
- Seek medical treatment – If your injuries are serious, immediate medical attention may be required. But even if you think not, it’s a good idea to have a doctor access your health regardless. This ensures that your physical damages are documented.
- Gather Evidence – If possible, snap some pictures of the scene, and get the contact information of any witnesses.
- File a crash report – Getting as much evidence on into the official record may be the difference in your case. In Florida, you’re required to report accidents causing apparent damage of more than $500 to the police.
- Consult an attorney – Consulting an experienced attorney can dramatically increase your odds of achieving a favorable result and can help you see if you have grounds to pursue compensation from the liable party or parties.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Pensacola
When you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you only get one shot. Why leave anything to chance? An experienced car accident lawyer from Gross & Schuster, P.A. will work diligently to pursue justice in the form of compensation for you and your family so you may focus on recovery.
Schedule your free, no-hassle evaluation by calling 850-434-3333 or fill out the following form to consult a Pensacola car accident lawyer with our firm today.