Vehicle’s red light run causes second car to crash
Running a red light can cause serious accidents. The situation can be made all the worse when a driver flees the scene when such an accident occurs.
A car accident earlier this month saw a vehicle smash into the front porch area of a duplex building in order to avoid collision with another car that had just ignored a red light. The incident occurred in the East Hill area of Pensacola.
As the 18-year-old motorist operating a golden Volvo S60 east on Cervantes Street came close to the intersection of 17th Avenue, he reportedly saw another vehicle approaching, going west on Cervantes. The second car was situated in the left turning lane, apparently planning to make a turn in a southern direction onto 17th Avenue. Because that car allegedly went right through a red light, the driver of the Volvo was forced to swerve out of the way.
When he did so, he crashed right onto a home’s front porch. The damaged building was at the intersection in its southeastern corner. A 21-year-old passenger in the Volvo claimed that the other driver did not stop at the scene of the accident, instead driving away. She said that he was at fault for the accident. Aside from experiencing a nosebleed because of the activation of an airbag, no one in the Volvo was seriously injured.
Police were not able to locate the other motorist. The other car was described as a sports car, an older model and steel colored. While the make and model were not definitely established, it is believed that it could have been a Corvette.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Red light runner forces other car into duplex,” Lindsay Ruebens, April 8, 2012
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?