Wrongful Death Car Wreck Sunday on Blue Angel Pkwy in Escambia Cty
A West Palm Beach resident was killed Sunday evening, a passenger in a Saturn that got into in a head-on collision with a Land Rover SUV. The person’s name won’t be released until the family has been notified. The driver of the Saturn sustained critical injuries.
The car accident resulting in the wrongful death took place around 9:35 p.m. on September 26 on Blue Angel Parkway near Grand Bahama Drive, just across from the Stoddert Place Apartments.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a 57-year-old Pensacola man was driving his Saturn along Blue Angel Parkway when he crashed head on into the Land Rover. The FHP has not yet determined the direction either vehicle was traveling in or what may have occurred to cause the deadly car-truck accident.
The Pensacola man driving the Saturn suffered critical injuries and emergency responders had to remove him from the car using the Jaws of Life. He was taken by ambulance to Sacred Heart Hospital. The Pensacola News Journal was unable to obtain an updated condition for the man on Monday morning.
Escambia County paramedics pronounced the passenger, the person from West Palm Beach, dead at the scene.
The driver of the Land Rover, a 29-year-old woman from Hoover, Alabama, sustained only minor injuries. Traffic had to be re-routed through the Stoddert Place Apartments complex.
As of today, the FHP is still investigating the fatal car accident. No one has been ticketed and fault for the car accident and wrongful death has not yet been determined.
- “West Palm Beach resident killed in Escambia crash” (Pensacola News Journal, September 27, 2010)
- “1 killed in head-on crash on Blue Angel Parkway” (Pensacola News Journal, September 16, 2010)
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?