6 injured, deputy critically, after wreck
This recent accident in Escambia County Florida is yet another example of an accident caused by a Sheriff’s Deputy. I have been a personal injury lawyer in Escambia County for over 36 years. Historically, it was a rarity for a deputy to cause a wreck. Now it is quite common. One may wonder why. The answer is quite simple. Not only are these young deputies distracted by cell phones and radios, but full size front seat monitors. Like us they are humans and modern technology can be extremely distracting. I recently concluded a case where my client was rear ended at a red light in broad day light by a deputy who never even hit his brakes.He truthfully testified that he was looking at his computer. My lady ended up having spinal surgery. The main concern I have with this recent case in the News Journal, is that there are so many people injured. Deputies are insulated by the Sovereign immunity Law that has statutory caps. Specifically $200,000 a person or only $300,000 an accident no matter how many people are injured. Our law firm specializes in representing auto accident victims throughout the Panhandle. Both my law partner (Charlie Schuster) and myself are board certified Civil Trial Lawyers by the Florida Bar. There are less than 1500 so certified of the 100,000 lawyers in this state. We have 5 offices to serve the public. Pensacola, Milton, Crestview, FWB and Destin. For more information call us at 850-434-3333 or 850-682-3000 or 850-244-7191 or visit us on the web at GrossAndSchuster.com.
Read more at Pensacola News Journal.
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim