Accident on U.S. 90 injuries motorcyclist
Motorcyclists often rightly complain that other motorists are often inattentive when it comes to noticing motorcyclists on the roads. That’s why the whole “Start Seeing Motorcyclists” campaign originated.
A motorcycle accident earlier this month illustrates that point. A 22-year-old man from Milton was injured in a motorcycle accident on New Year’s Day at approximately 3:40 p.m. The motorcyclist was reportedly headed east on U.S. 90 when a driver going south on Airport Road turned onto the highway right into his path, causing a collision.
The motorcyclist suffered injuries described by medical personnel as serious. He was rushed to Sacred Heart Hospital, located in Pensacola, by emergency responders, and was undergoing treatment for his injuries there.
The 65-year-old driver of the other vehicle, also a resident of Milton, faces charges of careless driving for his role in the accident, following an investigation by the Florida Highway Patrol officers who were summoned to the scene. His own injuries were characterized as relatively minor, but he was transported to the Santa Rosa Medical Center, located nearby in Milton, to be examined and treated.
Motorcyclists are in a rather precarious situation if they are struck by another vehicle. Other drivers have the protection of their own vehicles, but those riding motorcyclists have little protection and face the threat of serious injury if they are struck.
As the campaign says, if more drivers start seeing motorcyclists, the number of careless accidents could be easily reduced.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Motorcyclist injured in U.S. 90 accident,” Jan. 3, 2012
- Main Causes of a Pedestrian Accident
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?