Gene Hackman okay after motorcycle accident
It’s not very often that you hear about Oscar-winning actors being involved in motorcycle accidents in Florida, but apparently it does happen.
81-year old actor Gene Hackman was recently involved in a motorcycle accident while visiting the Sunshine State. The actor was reportedly operating a motorcycle when he was struck by another vehicle one afternoon last week at around 3 p.m. down in Key West. Some reports indicate the actor was riding a bicycle rather than a motorcycle. Details are unclear.
It was initially reported that he suffered from “serious injuries to his head and body” as a result of the accident and was airlifted to a local hospital. While not all details of the accident were released, Hackman appears to be okay. He was released from the hospital hours later after routine tests.
According to USA Today, a Florida Highway Patrol report indicates that the accident happened when the actor was struck by a pickup truck, causing him to be thrown onto a grassy shoulder. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
After the crash, Hackman’s representative told Access Hollywood that Hackman is fine and would return home, as he only sustained “bumps and bruises.” Hackman, who has enjoyed a five-decade career in movies, is perhaps best known for playing Lex Luthor in the Superman films and for “The French Connection,” for which he won the Best Actor Oscar. He also won the Academy Award for “Unforgiven” in 1993.
Source: USA Today, “Actor Gene Hackman OK after bicycle accident,” Jan. 14, 2012
- Main Causes of a Pedestrian Accident
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?