Crash into concrete wall kills 1, injures 3
Traffic homicide detectives in Florida are investigating what they say may have been an alcohol-related accident in Fort Meyers. One person is dead and three teenagers are seriously injured following the fiery auto wreck that occurred at approximately 4 am on, Nov. 17.
Only vehicle was involved in the accident. The driver, a 23-year-old male, struck a concrete wall head-on at an excessive rate of speed, according to Lee County Sheriff’s deputies. A Good Samaritan was able to pull one person out of the vehicle, which had burst into flames after the initial impact; however, three others were trapped. Sources indicate that extricating these victims was difficult due to the condition of the car. According to media sources, one of the vehicle’s four occupants was trapped inside the badly damaged car for more than an hour following the incident.
Several days after the accident, authorities reported that the driver had succumbed to the injuries he suffered in the crash. At the time of the incident, one 16-year-old passenger was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries; however, the 15-year-old and 17-year-old passengers suffered life-threatening injuries in the wreck
Florida residents who are injured due to the actions of a negligent driver may decide to seek damages for losses suffered through a personal injury lawsuit in civil court if a settlement agreement cannot be successfully negotiated outside of the courtroom. In this case, it is possible that the teens could suffer residual effects of their injuries for years following this crash, and the cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation may become an excessive financial burden. The compensation received from a successful personal injury claim may be able to reimburse the victims for those expenses.
Source: Miami Herald, “Driver killed in fiery Fla. car crash”, November 21, 2013
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually