Injured motorcycle crash victim improving after wreck
Two riders on a motorcycle were flung from their bike on a recent afternoon when the driver swerved away in a successful attempt to prevent a collision with a truck, which apparently failed to yield the right-of-way.
The motorcycle accident took place at First Street and Beal Parkway in Fort Walton Beach. The driver of a GMC Sierra was traveling south on Beal Parkway and turned left onto First Street. That’s where he allegedly failed to yield to the motorcycle.
The motorcyclist laid it down to the ground so as to avoid a collision. He and his passenger both landed on the hard surface of the road, suffering injuries. The motorcycle continued to travel for approximately 50 feet after both riders were thrown from it.
The man operating the motorcycle, according to medical personnel, suffered bruises and cuts on many parts of his torso, as well as what was described as road rash. His injuries were not classified as serious by medical personnel. His female passenger’s injuries, however, were classified as potentially life-threatening, and included a major head trauma. She had been wearing a helmet, but he was not.
Emergency responders rushed the injured woman from the accident scene by helicopter, landing on a surface at City Hall, from which she was taken to nearby Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, where she was treated for her injuries. Her condition was later upgraded from critical to fair.
According to media reports, the driver of the GMC was charged with failure to yield and for driving with an expired license.
Source: Northwest Florida Daily News, “Woman life-flighted after Beal motorcycle crash,” Justin Heinze, June 16, 2012
- Busiest Roadways in Pensacola
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?