Injured motorcycle crash victim improving after wreck
Two riders on a motorcycle were flung from their bike on a recent afternoon when the driver swerved away in a successful attempt to prevent a collision with a truck, which apparently failed to yield the right-of-way.
The motorcycle accident took place at First Street and Beal Parkway in Fort Walton Beach. The driver of a GMC Sierra was traveling south on Beal Parkway and turned left onto First Street. That’s where he allegedly failed to yield to the motorcycle.
The motorcyclist laid it down to the ground so as to avoid a collision. He and his passenger both landed on the hard surface of the road, suffering injuries. The motorcycle continued to travel for approximately 50 feet after both riders were thrown from it.
The man operating the motorcycle, according to medical personnel, suffered bruises and cuts on many parts of his torso, as well as what was described as road rash. His injuries were not classified as serious by medical personnel. His female passenger’s injuries, however, were classified as potentially life-threatening, and included a major head trauma. She had been wearing a helmet, but he was not.
Emergency responders rushed the injured woman from the accident scene by helicopter, landing on a surface at City Hall, from which she was taken to nearby Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, where she was treated for her injuries. Her condition was later upgraded from critical to fair.
According to media reports, the driver of the GMC was charged with failure to yield and for driving with an expired license.
Source: Northwest Florida Daily News, “Woman life-flighted after Beal motorcycle crash,” Justin Heinze, June 16, 2012
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim