Multi-vehicle car crash claims Florida man’s life
Tragically, a recent multi-vehicle accident resulted in the death of a 46-year old Florida man. The car accident happened at the intersection of Gulf Beach Highway and Tifton Avenue in Pensacola around 1 p.m. on a recent afternoon.
The man, who was a Pensacola resident, was reportedly traveling on the road when he apparently drove his Volkswagen Beetle into traffic headed in the opposite direction on the highway.
After crossing the center line, the driver reportedly struck a pick-up truck driven by a 64-year-old woman, also from Pensacola. The man’s vehicle then spun around and was struck directly on the front end by a minivan. The driver of the Beetle died on the scene. A picture posted to the Pensacola New Journal’s website shows the red Beetle, an older model, completely totaled.
The woman driving the pick-up truck was injured slightly in the crash. A 12-year old girl also riding in the truck was not hurt. The driver of the third car involved in the accident suffered serious injuries and was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital, while a young passenger sustained minor injuries.
According to reports, the driver of the vehicle behind the minivan, a former dive medical technician, tried to help the Beetle driver after the crash. The man says that despite his attempts to help, the man died in his hands.
Traffic was blocked on the road for over an hour after the crash. The accident is still under investigation. It was not reported if it was determined why the driver of the Beetle veered into opposite lane of traffic.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Pensacola man killed in crash,” Kris Wernowsky, 16 June 2011
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually