One dies in motorcycle accident in Northwest Florida
According to troopers with the Florida Highway Patrol, one person was killed after amotorcycle accident that occurred recently in Panama City Beach.
Police responded to the crash in the city late one recent evening close to East Lakeshore Drive and Highway 79. A 34-year-old man, a resident of Panama City Beach, was reportedly traveling east on his Harley Davidson, when a 25-year-old driver allegedly pulled out in front of him driving a white Cadillac after pulling onto the road after approaching a stop sign.
The motorcycle and the Cadillac collided, with the Harley Davidson striking the left side of the Cadillac. According to reports, the motorcyclist was thrown from his vehicle, landing in the median. CPR attempts by emergency responders to the motorcyclist were unsuccessful, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Cadillac, also from Panama City Beach, was not injured, and neither was his 21-year-old female passenger, according to an article on WJHG’s website.
The Florida Highway Patrol said charges were pending the completion of an investigation.
Sadly, in this accident, the motorcyclist did not survive. Those who do survive motorcycle accidents in Florida often face financial obstacles. No-fault insurance policies in this state don’t cover injuries from motorcycle injuries. It can be difficult to recover for medical expenses or lost wages without the help of an attorney. A qualified professional could also contact medical providers to negotiate reduced liens.
Source: WJHG, “Motorcyclist killed in Panama City Beach crash,” Jan. 22, 2012
- What Is the Difference Between No-Fault and Fault Insurance?
- Basics of Car Accident Settlements
- Is Florida a No-Fault State for Car Accidents?
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?