One dies in motorcycle accident in Northwest Florida
According to troopers with the Florida Highway Patrol, one person was killed after amotorcycle accident that occurred recently in Panama City Beach.
Police responded to the crash in the city late one recent evening close to East Lakeshore Drive and Highway 79. A 34-year-old man, a resident of Panama City Beach, was reportedly traveling east on his Harley Davidson, when a 25-year-old driver allegedly pulled out in front of him driving a white Cadillac after pulling onto the road after approaching a stop sign.
The motorcycle and the Cadillac collided, with the Harley Davidson striking the left side of the Cadillac. According to reports, the motorcyclist was thrown from his vehicle, landing in the median. CPR attempts by emergency responders to the motorcyclist were unsuccessful, and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Cadillac, also from Panama City Beach, was not injured, and neither was his 21-year-old female passenger, according to an article on WJHG’s website.
The Florida Highway Patrol said charges were pending the completion of an investigation.
Sadly, in this accident, the motorcyclist did not survive. Those who do survive motorcycle accidents in Florida often face financial obstacles. No-fault insurance policies in this state don’t cover injuries from motorcycle injuries. It can be difficult to recover for medical expenses or lost wages without the help of an attorney. A qualified professional could also contact medical providers to negotiate reduced liens.
Source: WJHG, “Motorcyclist killed in Panama City Beach crash,” Jan. 22, 2012
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver
- How Long Do I Have To File A Car Accident Claim In Florida?
- What Happens In A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- 5 Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Lawyer
- 3 Ways To Maximize The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim