Two Florida men charged with murder for shooting
Two men were charged in relation to the wrongful death of a Florida teenager, and were also charged in attempting to kill another teen.
A 17-year-old from Pensacola was found shot to death in a Buick Riviera last month. He had been shot in the head. His 17-year-old friend was found shot in the head as well, but he survived. Two 20-year-old men are now charged with murder and attempted murder for the shootings.
The teens were discovered by a man who was riding his bicycle home near the parking lot of Baptist’s Sleep Disorder Center. He went to the parking lot and discovered the surviving teen attempting to get back onto the Buick.
Police say they have pieced together what happened based on what the surviving teen can remember, as well as information provided by other witnesses.
The 20-year-old men, one of whom was driving a GMC Yukon, apparently approached the teens as part of a drug transaction. A woman who says one of the men gave her a ride in the Yukon earlier in the day claims that he asked her if she knew somebody — anybody — who had some money.
In addition, the man’s mother confirmed that he was driving her GMC Yukon. Some blood that was removed from the vehicle matched blood from one of the shooting victims.
One of the men was in Escambia County Jail on $500,000 bond, while the other was in prison without bond. He had been on probation for an unrelated incident.
Source: Pensacola News Journal, “Two Pensacola men charged with murder,” Richard McVay, Dec. 28, 2011
- When Should You Hire an Attorney for a Car Accident?
- Compensation for Emotional Distress After a Car Accident
- How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know