Florida motorcyclist sustains heavy injuries in crash
In our last post, we discussed the importance of taking motorcycle training classes. In Pensacola and across the state, there are still too many motorcycle accidents, and it’s often not the motorcyclist’s fault. A crash on U.S. 341 earlier this month highlights the problem.
According to police state troopers, a severe motorcycle accident was caused because a woman drove into the path of motorcyclist on a recent afternoon.
The 40-year-old driver of the motorcycle reportedly sustained severe head injuries after he was thrown off his Harley Davidson after colliding with a Toyota Prius driven by a 22-year-old woman from Gainesville, police said. The motorcyclist was wearing a helmet and eye protection at the time of the crash, according to reports.
Investigators say the woman was traveling north on U.S. 341. While trying to turn left onto Butler Drive, she apparently failed to yield to southbound traffic, pulling into the same lane as the motorcyclist.
The motorcyclist reportedly attempted to stop, skidded about 48 feet and collided with the right passenger door of the Toyota, said police at the scene.
The driver of the Toyota was wearing her seat belt and sustained minor injuries. She was not hospitalized.
The motorcyclist was transferred to Memorial Health University Medical Center after being first taken to Southeast Georgia Heath System. There was no other information about his condition.
Sadly, the accident shows that motorcyclists are often in a vulnerable position on the road. Other motorists need to keep a better lookout for them in order to prevent more accidents like this.
Source: Jacksonville.com, “Jesup man injured in motorcycle crash,” Teresa Stepzinski, Aug. 2, 2011
- Will I Have to Pay Taxes on My Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Are Economic Damages?
- How Do I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Car Accident?
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Dangerous Intersections in Pensacola
- When Can I Sue for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
- Florida Car Accident Laws You Should Know
- Distracted Driving Causes Over 50,000 Florida Car Accidents Annually
- In a Florida Car Crash? Watch Out for These Injuries
- What To Do When You’ve Been Hit By An Uninsured Driver